Located on Ohio 269, 7 miles south of Bellevue between the intersections of Rte. 547 & Rte. 4,
the Sorrowful Mother Shrine is an old Marian shrine resting on 120 acres of beautiful,
Founded in 1850, it is the oldest place of pilgrimage dedicated to Mary in the Midwest. Newly paved walkways, winding among tall and colorful oak trees, lead to the Stations of the Cross and to the replicas of Lourdes, Fatima and Sepulcher Grottos - favorite places of prayer and meditation.
Melting Pot Cafe (Cafeteria)
The Shrine also provides a popular cafeteria service for groups of 15 or more and a picnic area.
Bookings anytime for groups of 15 or more.
Call 419-483-3435 ext. 101 for further information and reservations.
Daily Mass, Monday - Saturday 11:00am
Saturday Vigil - 4:00pm
Sundays - 9:00 & 11:00am
Special Ethnic Sundays - 12:00pm
Holy Day Vigil - 4:00pm
Holy Days - 11:00am
Year of Mercy at the Sorrowful Mother Shrine
• Confessions will be heard for one hour before each Mass, including the Weekend Masses.
• A Priest will be available in the Pilgrim Center daily to hear confessions and assist pilgrims.
• Sunday Afternoon Devotions will include Reflections and Prayers relating to
Mercy and Forgiveness.
• Designated Holy Door for the Diocese of Toledo.
Requirements for Receiving Graces and Indulgences
1. Pass through the Holy Door with an interior disposition of complete detachment from sin.
2. Receive Sacramental Confession and Holy Eucharist.
3. Pray for the Intention of the Holy Father.
Sorrowful Mother Shrine Holy Door will be open Dawn to Dusk every day!
Sorrowful Mother Shrine Gift Shop
Monday - Saturday 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday 10:00am - 5:00pm
Closed Druing Mass and Devotions
Phone: 419-483-3435 ext.106