On July 29, 2002, the Bellevue Historical Society made a major commitment to Bellevue by purchasing The Tremont House with the intent of a complete historical restoration.
The Tremont House, located on the northeast corner of Main and North West Streets was built in 1846, before the city of Bellevue was incorporated. This restoration will be a long-term project done in stages. Upon completion, The Tremont House will be the home of the Bellevue Heritage Museum's collection. In the meantime, most of this collection of artifacts and pictures relating to Bellevue's history will be placed in storage. Selected items may be placed on temporary display at designated sites in the city.
For more information, call 419-483-7376 or visit bellevuehistoricalsociety.com